Thursday, September 24, 2009

Going to Paris

Due to my chronic procrastination I have been unable to muster the energy to write full blogs on my very eventful journeys around the Netherlands.

Within the past few weeks I have been to three Dutch cities - one per weekend. Due to the ease of transportation, I just hop on a train with some friends on a Saturday morning, travel to my destination within the hour, and come back at a reasonable time in the evening to Rotterdam. So far I've had the pleasure of visiting Amsterdam, Utrecht, and the Hague.

Of these, my favourite was probably Utrecht - which is the least well-known of the three. Upon my arrival in this historic Dutch city, I felt a very heavy air of culture. The canals in the city centre seemed more aesthetically pleasing than those of Amsterdam, and the streets have a very unique, historical flavour, as if they were stuck in some sort of 16th Century time-warp.

Amsterdam was very eventful. A simple blog entry probably wouldn't do it justice. And I know I will probably be back again sometime soon so I guess I will write about it then...

My next destination is Paris. I will depart from Rotterdam tomorrow morning. I cannot begin to describe in words my excitement for this trip. I will then head to Brussels on Monday, and return to Rotterdam later that night.

1 comment: